Today I thought it might be fun to drop a few “Fact Findings, from behind our Chairs”. If you think you know everything there is to know about your hair, you just might want to re-think that. If you’re like many, you may know how to style it or maybe what length that looks or feels best on you, but there’s a lot of weird stuff going on up there that we rarely give a second thought too. Here are a few interesting fun hair facts may just blow your mind, or at least make you rethink the extent of your hair knowledge.
- On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day. Yes, now you know what’s been clogging your shower drain.
- Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body after bone marrow. Lets just say thank goodness for that. If you’ve ever had a bad haircut.
- A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet. So don’t pull it while brushing it wet, for all that is holy!
- Hair grows slightly faster in warm weather, because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair growth. “Beach Time Maybe?”
- The only thing about you that can’t be identified by your hair is your gender—men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure. I think I might be watching to much NCIS.
- The scientific term for split ends is “trichoptilosis.” Yeah, I had to look that up!
- Eighty percent of Americans wash their hair twice a day. Geez people haven’t you ever heard of Dry Shampoo!
- A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.
- Trying to grow out your hair? It takes about 7 years to grow it to your waist, and 3 years to grow it to your shoulders!
- All of the hair follicles in the human body are formed by the time we are just five months old in the womb. Apparently, one more thing to blame on mom!
So till next time,
Blogger: Terry Folawn