Getting ready for beach season we are prepping our body’s and skin with detoxes, body polishes and tanning. Not forgetting our luscious locks, everyone also wants to lighten up their hair and put a kiss of highlights or maybe go up a shade or two. Let’s face it ladies our Tans just look better.
One of the down sides though with the lighter shades and the high lifting is that we don’t have the shine that comes with your darker riche hair color, because the cuticle tends to more lifted and less smooth.
Imagine your favorite red nail polish with no top coat, sad!!!! But if we pop a clear high gloss on it Wowza! It Adds depth and dimension through the shine.
Aveda have come up with a fab Shine treatment that will enhance the preexisting color by allowing it to reflect and refract light off the shaft of the hair by adding this clear coat. This also only takes an extra 5 mins at the bowl after the shampoo and before the conditioner .It seals down the cuticle and improves the appearance of the hair condition lasting up to 20 shampoos giving a beautiful shine. As with all of Aveda product it is 93 % naturally derived from plants and non-petroleum minerals and water.
Getting summer ready?
Come shine on with the Family here at Folawns and add this to your next haircut.
Till next time.
Blogger: Angie Hunt
When was the last time your name hit #1 on your to-do list? There are definitely apps for that, but let’s get more personal: the app you were born in, your body, is the best reminder of prioritizing self-care. How? Pain and chronic stress, the duo which leaves you feeling run down and not-so abundant. Oh and the well-intended New Year’s resolution? It fell into a slump after Valentine’s Day. Getting grounded is not easy in today’s world of fast-paced, technologically forward, land of instant gratification, but it IS possible, especially through the five senses.
At Folawn’s living Ayurveda through Aveda means following the Earth’s five elements (Ether/Space, Air, Fire, Water, Earth) through the year’s seasons. Grounding yourself through the elements and senses from Winter into Spring requires activating your sense of smell. Our sense of smell is associated with creating some of our earliest memories. Please accept this invitation to create a new memory at Folawn’s as you rejuvenate, relax and energize yourself with the following solutions:
• Got 5 minutes? Take a sensory journey with our heritage aroma families: Rosemary Mint, Shampure or Cherry Almond. Add any heritage aroma to our Hand Relief and/or Foot Relief and enjoy moisturizing bliss, even if only for a few moments.
• 15 minutes left on lunch? Come in for a 15-minute chair massage. Take Folawn’s with you in a personalized Pure-fume aromatherapy essence for just $20.
• Only have 30 minutes? Instead of cancelling your 90-minute massage, choose a different date for massage and come in for a foot reflexology treatment.
• Need to exfoliate and rehydrate? Schedule our exfoliating and intensive hydrating body treatments* once every 8 weeks.
• Got cold and flu or allergy symptoms? Massage achy body parts at home with our Stress Fix, Rosemary Mint and Cooling composition oils. Recipe: In 1 oz. of carrier oil or lotion, put 10-20 drops of each essential oil. Do not put essential oils directly onto the skin. Please use a carrier oil/lotion.
*Service times vary by treatment
Instead of flirting with dis-ease and disaster, dial it down a notch (or five) and take 5 slow, deep, abundant breaths. Your body and mind need and want abundant, conscious attention. Your breath is the map, just follow it at a slow, relaxed pace. Prioritize yourself and make it your to-“be” list. In fact, just like on my massage table, your only job is to breathe: just do it with full awareness for at least 2 minutes. How abundant the rest of your day is will be up to you.
By Ja’Net Shawnee, LMT, PTP