The March issue of Lucky Magazine lists AVEDA makeup brushes as “The 3 Brushes Every Makeup Bag Needs”. I’ve had my Aveda Brushes “seriously” for over 10 yrs! Best investment I’ve ever made
What are natural hair make-up brushes ?
Brushes that are made of natural hair contain many tiny spaces in them when seen microscopically . Hence when you use them they pick up a lot more pigments.
Tips for maintaining these must have brushes —-
– do not blow into the brush bristles and distort its shape to remove excess makeup.Instead, tap the brush against your hand or on a tissue .
This keeps the brush in shape for longer .
While cleaning the brush never rub the bristles instead rinse with running water in the direction of the bristles .
Never soak the entire brush because the wood and the adhesive that holds the bristles and the shaft together can dissolve.
After cleaning also remember to sculpt the bristles into the original shape before it dries.
To pick up your Aveda Brushes check out http://www.folawns.com or call 210-408-0101 or simply stop on by
Art of Nature
AVEDA just launched the new spring makeup collection, and at Folawn’s we are all in love. It consists of gentle pinks, dreamy blues and soft greens. The collection is called Art of Nature, and rightly so! Each pigment is named for the very substances of nature, from flowering plants, to the endless glowing blue that is the ocean. We are obsessed with the new colors, which are right in line with what is showing up on the runways now. Come in to Folawn’s to take a look at the new line and experience it yourself. Today we are all trying the different lip colors! They range from subtle pinks to bright corals. Everyone is walking around with a different beautiful shade!
Brie: One of my favorites in the line is the new rehydrating lip glaze, Kukui. The color is rich and deep in a romantic wine-stained burgundy. The name “Kukui” comes from the ancient Hawaiian tradition of using the wax from candlenuts to burn in stone oil lamps. Hawaiians called the oil lamps kukui hele po, which means “light, darkness go”. I thought this concept was so beautiful and perfectly fitting for this gorgeous lip glaze. The color is not dark, rather a deep shade that emanates a glow from within its depths.
Linds: The very essence of this collection is that of a Victorian dream. The enchanting hues and shades transport me to another world of ethereal beings. The colors are soft and romantic. I have a weakness for all things fairy-tale and dainty; this makeup collection hits those exact qualities! The colors are pure and gentle, with vibrant hues that call for attention, but don’t scream for it. Today I wore the bright coral tinted Cana Lip Color with a bare eye, and I loved the subtle yet powerful look it created.
You can amaze your friends with this one …
- Did you know that water is the best beauty treatment of all time for both men and woman??
- You can tell which side of a person’s face they sleep on? Just look closely at their eyelashes. The outer corner portion of the eyelashes will be bent and sort of smashed looking (if you will). Whichever eye’s lashes display this is the side of the face in which they sleep on. Just don’t tell them that’s how you know
- Sugar breaks down collagen and elastin which can cause wrinkles. So too much chocolate doesn’t give you pimples, it can give you wrinkles!
- When your hair is wet it is as strong as aluminum. It can hold one third of its weight in absorbed moisture, and can be stretched as much as one and a half times its original length.
- A human can shed 10 billion dead skin cells. This is approx. 2 kilos per year. Dust is made up mostly of dead skin. This is more than enough reason to exfoliate everyday!
- A human body has a square inch of 19 million skin cells! We must feed these cells with vital nutrients, hydration and goodness everyday.
- The skin is our largest organ and has a major role in our body such as protecting the skin from infections. Most of the things we apply to our skin go directly into our bloodstream. Lavender essential oil has been show in our kidneys only hours after applied to the skin.
- Damage to our skin is 90% made up from ultraviolet rays. Half of this damage occurs before the age of 20. Sun damage can lead to premature aging, wrinkling, rough, saggy skin, and discolored skin and skin cancer.
- Going to bed with your makeup on can age your skin up to 7 times faster. You must remove makeup before going to sleep and let your skin breath and repair while you sleep!
- The skin starts aging when the cells die off faster than the body can replace them. Sickness, stress, anxiety and depression also add to the aging of the skin. Keep your skin young by feeding your cells nutrients, minerals, water, and goodness every single day!
- Exercise can combat wrinkles. The boost in blood circulation to the skin strengthens blood vessels and increases the renewal of cells.
- Toothpastes that contain menthol can work to reduce redness and extract impurities from your skin such as pimples. But it can also dry your skin slightly so don’t go overboard with your application! Next time you have a dark red pimple apply toothpaste. I have heard of celebrities doing this…
- Did you know to help make any lipstick last longer. You can separate a tissue by making it one ply and placing it over your lips (once you’ve applied your application of lipstick) and dip your powder brush into loose powder, it can be face powder or even baby powder and dab it over the tissue making sure to cover entire lip area. This will “set” your lipstick.
Folawn’s #2 Get Ready for Summer Idea
Lashes are treated with a special solution, and then wrapped around a mini sponge or roller. The perming solution is applied to the upturned lash, and then it is left to set. The result may lasts for two to three months. The chemical reaction breaks and reform the bonds of the hair. This reaction, softening the lash’s inner structure between the protein chains of the hair. The hair swells, stretches and softens, then is molded around the shape of the perm rod to from a curl.
Getting an eyelash tint is one of the best lifesavers for your lashes this summer so you can throw away that mascara and don’t have to worry about panda eyes!
The process of eyelash tinting involve the careful placement of a semi-permanent dye to the lashes, creating the dramatic visual effect of having darker, longer, fuller eyelashes. The procedure is one of the fastest ways one can enhance their eye features at a minimal costs.
To Schedule Your Appointment call:
210-408-0101 or to Book On Line
- Coming Soon to The Spa @ Folawn’s!
The best new and upcoming product from Aveda!!!
I’m very excited to tell you about the new Aveda Lash Abundance Boosting Serum!
Lash Abundance Boosting Serum is clinically proven to give you fuller, thicker, longer-looking lashed in just 8 weeks. It has been ophthalmologist tested and is safe for contact lens wearers. It is a 98% naturally derived formula and is gentle enough to use daily.
It’s super easy to use and there’s no mess or stress involved. I have gotten a chance to personally use the product and absolutely LOVE IT!! I’ve only been using it for a month now and I’m already experiencing dramatic results!! I can’t believe how easy it is to apply my mascara!!!! Plus, when I’m home on the weekends, less makeup for my days off, I don’t even NEED mascara! They look great au’ natural! I would definitely recommend this product to ALL of our guests who experience thin or sparse lashes, or for those guests who just want to boost their already voluminous lashes! Aveda is gonna ROCK 2012 with this product!!!
Also check out Aveda’s newest hair care product line called Invati! Do you want thicker, fuller hair? Then Invati was made just for you! Now available at The Spa @ Folawn’s!
Blogger: Erynn Moore