The March issue of Lucky Magazine lists AVEDA makeup brushes as “The 3 Brushes Every Makeup Bag Needs”. I’ve had my Aveda Brushes “seriously” for over 10 yrs! Best investment I’ve ever made
What are natural hair make-up brushes ?
Brushes that are made of natural hair contain many tiny spaces in them when seen microscopically . Hence when you use them they pick up a lot more pigments.
Tips for maintaining these must have brushes —-
– do not blow into the brush bristles and distort its shape to remove excess makeup.Instead, tap the brush against your hand or on a tissue .
This keeps the brush in shape for longer .
While cleaning the brush never rub the bristles instead rinse with running water in the direction of the bristles .
Never soak the entire brush because the wood and the adhesive that holds the bristles and the shaft together can dissolve.
After cleaning also remember to sculpt the bristles into the original shape before it dries.
To pick up your Aveda Brushes check out http://www.folawns.com or call 210-408-0101 or simply stop on by
An important tip worth passing on. Your blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron can make your hair look great.
But if you misuse those tools or have the wrong ones, your hair may look like it’s ready for a lengthy stint in hair rehab.
1. Buy Good Tools
Hair styling tools don’t have to cost a fortune. But they do need basic features,
Look for tools that offer different heat settings. “The cheaper ones have just one setting,”
Check to see if your tool displays heat temperatures. For instance, some hair irons can be dialed to a variety of heat settings, from 175 or so to nearly 400. (The 400-degree setting is “definitely too high” )
2.Don’t touch your hair with the nozzle. That’s right, get close to the hair, but don’t ever let the nozzle touch your hair. You will torch the poor cuticle.
That’s all there is to it. Rough drying, round brushing, whatever it is. Keep a little space between the nozzle and the hair.
3. Protect your Hair from the Heat
There are hair products made to protect your hair from the heat of dryers, curling irons, or flat irons. Many of them use silicone as a protective coating for your hair.
4. Study Styling Technique
A little professional advice never hurts. Ask your hair stylist to go over how to style your hair, even if you’ve done it yourself for years.The stylist may be able to show you shortcuts, or newer techniques. Set up a separate appointment, or ask in advance for some extra time at your next visit. That will give your stylist time to work with you.
You can amaze your friends with this one …
- Did you know that water is the best beauty treatment of all time for both men and woman??
- You can tell which side of a person’s face they sleep on? Just look closely at their eyelashes. The outer corner portion of the eyelashes will be bent and sort of smashed looking (if you will). Whichever eye’s lashes display this is the side of the face in which they sleep on. Just don’t tell them that’s how you know
- Sugar breaks down collagen and elastin which can cause wrinkles. So too much chocolate doesn’t give you pimples, it can give you wrinkles!
- When your hair is wet it is as strong as aluminum. It can hold one third of its weight in absorbed moisture, and can be stretched as much as one and a half times its original length.
- A human can shed 10 billion dead skin cells. This is approx. 2 kilos per year. Dust is made up mostly of dead skin. This is more than enough reason to exfoliate everyday!
- A human body has a square inch of 19 million skin cells! We must feed these cells with vital nutrients, hydration and goodness everyday.
- The skin is our largest organ and has a major role in our body such as protecting the skin from infections. Most of the things we apply to our skin go directly into our bloodstream. Lavender essential oil has been show in our kidneys only hours after applied to the skin.
- Damage to our skin is 90% made up from ultraviolet rays. Half of this damage occurs before the age of 20. Sun damage can lead to premature aging, wrinkling, rough, saggy skin, and discolored skin and skin cancer.
- Going to bed with your makeup on can age your skin up to 7 times faster. You must remove makeup before going to sleep and let your skin breath and repair while you sleep!
- The skin starts aging when the cells die off faster than the body can replace them. Sickness, stress, anxiety and depression also add to the aging of the skin. Keep your skin young by feeding your cells nutrients, minerals, water, and goodness every single day!
- Exercise can combat wrinkles. The boost in blood circulation to the skin strengthens blood vessels and increases the renewal of cells.
- Toothpastes that contain menthol can work to reduce redness and extract impurities from your skin such as pimples. But it can also dry your skin slightly so don’t go overboard with your application! Next time you have a dark red pimple apply toothpaste. I have heard of celebrities doing this…
- Did you know to help make any lipstick last longer. You can separate a tissue by making it one ply and placing it over your lips (once you’ve applied your application of lipstick) and dip your powder brush into loose powder, it can be face powder or even baby powder and dab it over the tissue making sure to cover entire lip area. This will “set” your lipstick.
With Earth Month coming to an end, we would like to invite you to our Walk for Water 6K on Sunday, May 6th.From 10:00am – 1:00pm
Starting at the Aveda Institute in San Antonio Tx, the course will take you through the Pearl Brewery, along the San Antonio River, then ending back at the Institute for food, refreshments and live music. Children under 12 are free and friendly pets are welcomed. Come out and end Earth Month with a bang and meet some fellow Avedians. We would love to have you here.
*Sign ups start at 9:00 am
Come Join us on Sunday ,Be the difference,you wish to see in the world.
Folawn’s #3 Get Ready for Summer Idea
1. Tousled style is sexy year-round, and now you have the warm, humid air to help enhance your natural texture. To get the look, divide damp hair into three sections and loosely braid each. Unravel your locks when they’re dry, then set your waves with a texturizing spray.
2. Not only does a braid look chic for summer it also keeps your hair contained tightly from harsh rays from the sun. Shampoo & condition and add a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen to protect the hair from the sun’s harsh rays. Fasten with a snag free elastic band. An extra bonus: your hair will look fabulous for the party after the sun goes down. Take the braid out and shake your hair. Beautiful, instant waves without the fuss.
3.Everybody loves—and loves to wear—ponytails (unless you’ve got a cute pixie cut, of course). But we bet you didn’t realize how many different versions of this classic style are out there. Here is a sweet and laid-back rocking this low pony with natural texture.
At-Home Tip: You don’t want your part to be too perfect. Let you hair fall somewhat along the center and then pull it back.
To Schedule Your Appointment call:
210-408-0101 or to Book On Line
Folawn’s #2 Get Ready for Summer Idea
Lashes are treated with a special solution, and then wrapped around a mini sponge or roller. The perming solution is applied to the upturned lash, and then it is left to set. The result may lasts for two to three months. The chemical reaction breaks and reform the bonds of the hair. This reaction, softening the lash’s inner structure between the protein chains of the hair. The hair swells, stretches and softens, then is molded around the shape of the perm rod to from a curl.
Getting an eyelash tint is one of the best lifesavers for your lashes this summer so you can throw away that mascara and don’t have to worry about panda eyes!
The process of eyelash tinting involve the careful placement of a semi-permanent dye to the lashes, creating the dramatic visual effect of having darker, longer, fuller eyelashes. The procedure is one of the fastest ways one can enhance their eye features at a minimal costs.
To Schedule Your Appointment call:
210-408-0101 or to Book On Line