Category: Motivational wellness
How can we create and maintain abundance and motivational wellness with massage in 2019?
Let’s face it: we often mistake abundance for the money-making career aspects of our lives and consider ourselves healthy and well only if we see no illness in our bodies. The holiday season can leave you feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted and not so focused on those New Year’s resolutions of abundance or wellness. Pain and discomfort are great motivators for wellness, showing you how you didn’t remember to “pay yourself first”. The solution? A small change in perspective: everything in nature happens in its own time, at a much slower pace. If “time is money”, it makes sense to slow down and spend time and money on yourself, through your five senses, as you are meant to experience life. Every moment of wellness can motivate you to build a lifetime of abundance with small changes.
Creating and maintaining abundance and motivational wellness the Folawns way keeps it simple: experiencing yourself through your five senses helps achieve abundant health and wellness using natural aromatic oils to enhance massage sessions. After all, Aveda’s founder, Horst Rechelbacher, once said, “Plants are the best chemists.” As the son of an herbalist and his time spent as an aromatherapist (among many other hats and titles), Rechelbacher understood the gateway between mind and body is the air we breathe and the way to soothe mind and body is via aromatic oils made from Aveda’s pure plant essences. When the mind and body reconnect, you are better able to recognize abundance from the inside out. Each deep, full breath into the body’s tight areas can help you face life’s challenges with effective solutions.
A Folawns massage experience meets all 5 senses depending on which massage style and/or add-on you book:
- Chakra Balance massage: for those who are curious about the 7 main chakras*, guided meditations, and love the lighter touch of Swedish massage + any of the 7 chakra blends. *Chakras come from Aveda’s deep roots in Ayurveda, India’s philosophy of preventive health and mind-body wellness.
- Hot Stone Fusion massage: for those who just love hot stones**, stones may be placed or actively moved to coax muscles back into their original, relaxed form. **Stones are cooled down to a guest-friendly temperature of their choosing.
- Stress Fix massage: for deep tissue warriors who need a focus on back, neck and shoulders and love medium to firm pressure. Lavender lovers will enjoy the Stress Fix blend of lavender, lavandin and clary sage.
- Add-ons/session enhancement(s): Cupping therapy, hydrating therapy for body and feet, invigorating scalp treatment, reflexology foot massage.
- What to expect: soothing visual space, relaxing spa music, a cup of Aveda’s Comforting Tea or another beverage of your choice, and aromatherapy in addition to your chosen style of touch therapy as listed above.
After massage services, guests typically experience feeling more rejuvenated, centered and renewed through improved circulation and range of motion and nights of enhanced sleep. To see which type of massage can be customized to your wellness needs, please call the Day Spa @ Folawns at 210-408-0101. We look forward to helping you find and maintain the experience of a more abundant you!
Blogger: Ja’Net M. Shawnee, LMT, PTP